Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fell Down Again

Not only was my latest fall embarrassing, it was hard enough to crack or break at least two ribs. I waited to be healed before posting, but I suppose most of you heard about it already. I have two knots on my ribs, but I can breathe, cough and sneeze without pain now. Here's how it happened: I was walking to the steakhouse to eat lunch with Brian Morrison and Craig. they were behind me with their LONG legs so I was walking a little faster than normal when I slid on a slope in the road covered with pea gravel. Craig says he's never seen anybody fall so hard. My breath was knocked out so I couldn't immediately scramble to my feet (I wonder who was in the car at the intersection across the intersection watching). Anyway, they helped me up and I immediately took off for our destination. At the restaurant Brian put ice in a napkin from his water, Craig went and got a cup of ice and Patti (friend and waitress) brought a bag of ice. I was so humiliated.

No comments: